Home care to support a full life for everyone
Just like everyone else, individuals with a learning difficulty want to live independently, with self-esteem, and with the freedom of choice to live as full a life as possible. Our services are designed to help realise those objectives.
A little support goes a long way
People with learning difficulties can lead full and rewarding lives, but to do so, they usually need support with some aspects of daily life, such as their everyday personal needs, or in dealing with domestic matters.
The home care services that we provide for people with a learning difficulty are planned specially for each individual, and we take full account of their personal requirements, age and circumstances.
We create a care plan by first talking to our customer and also to any other key people involved in their life, such as family members and healthcare professionals.
The kinds of support we typically provide include:
• Assistance with light domestic duties
• Assistance with washing and dressing
• Friendship, reassurance and companionship
• Practical help in managing bills, medicines, and so on
• Help to participate in activities that enable social inclusion
• Help in going shopping or to meet friends
• Help with contributing to, and being part of, the community
• Help with participating in leisure and sports activities
• Respite care for families with learning disabled dependents
Professional carers with specialist knowledge
As well as being very committed and dedicated, our care workers are also highly trained and have extensive practical experience of dealing with many different aspects of learning difficulties. These include physical disabilities, complex health needs, sensory impairment, autistic spectrum disorders, and challenging behavioural patterns.